We are seeking a Director of Administration
Community Legal Services of Ottawa / Services juridiques communautaires d’Ottawa is a community legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal services for the low-income residents of Ottawa, as well as community development, law reform, legal education and outreach initiatives.
We are seeking a Director of Administration. The responsibilities of this position include overseeing the daily financial, administrative and human resource needs of our organization; working closely with the executive director, management team and support staff members; and supporting our Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Five to seven years of experience in managing the financial administration of a legal clinic, not-for-profit organization, law firm or in government
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in management or business administration, or related experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated supervision experience
- Superior ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively
- Capacity to communicate in French is preferred
Application Deadline: Monday, July 5th at 5:00 P.M.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will receive extensive training with the current director of administration while working 4 days per week and then become full-time. The full-time salary range is $76,000 – $90,000, commensurate with experience. Our compensation package includes a generous health benefits plan.
Please send a cover letter and resumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Gary Stein, Executive Director
Community Legal Services of Ottawa / Services juridiques communautaires d’Ottawa
406-1355 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
We welcome applications from people of colour, people with disabilities and other historically disadvantaged groups. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We will provide accommodation during the hiring process upon request and all information is treated confidentially.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.