Reception and Casework Support Assistant, 14-Month Contract
Community Legal Services of Ottawa is a community legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal services for the low-income residents of Ottawa, as well as community development, law reform, legal education and outreach initiatives.
We are seeking a reception and casework support assistant for a 14-month contract starting in early May, to cover a maternity leave.
- Legal clinic front-office work, including reception and client intake in a busy work environment
- Administrative and case support for legal clinic staff members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to work in French is preferred
- Experience in responding sensitively to vulnerable clients’ needs
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently and show initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in Arabic, Somali or other languages is an asset
Application Deadline: Monday, April 12th at 5:00 p.m.
The annual salary range for this maternity leave position is $31,000 – $32,000, commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resumé by email to email@example.com and addressed to:
Linda Martineau, Director of Administration
Community Legal Services of Ottawa
406-1355 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
We welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people living with disabilities and other historically disadvantaged groups. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We will provide accommodation during the hiring process upon request. All information relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.