CLSO is seeking applications for a Canada Summer Jobs Legal Advocate – Immigration and Refugee Law
Community Legal Services of Ottawa (CLSO) is a non-profit, community legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario, providing legal support for residents of Ottawa living on a low income, as well as community development and organizing, law reform, legal education and outreach services.
To be eligible for this Canada Summer Jobs position you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of the employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
About the Legal Advocate – Immigration and Refugee Law Position:
- 8- week contract from June 7th to July 30th, 2021
- Compensation is 18$/hour for 35 hours/week
- Anticipated work tasks: Assisting three lawyers with their cases by completing case-law, legislative and country condition research; conducting phone interviews with clients; drafting submissions; assisting with the organization of community development, law reform, and public legal education initiatives.
- During the COVID pandemic, the Legal Advocate must be able to work remotely using their own personal electronic devices.
- Preferred level of education of job candidates is: Completed at least one year of law school.
How to Apply:
- Please send a Cover Letter and Resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14th, 2021, at 4:30PM.
We welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people living with disabilities and other historically disadvantaged groups. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We will provide accommodation during the hiring process upon request. All information relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.