CLSO (West Location) is seeking applications for a Canada Summer Jobs Legal Administrative Assistant
To be eligible, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- First responder to incoming telephone calls and walk in/new clients (if situation permits)
- Guiding clients through screening process to determine legal issues
- Supports legal staff with client file work
- Some photocopying, scanning and faxing
- Some administrative projects and other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Able to efficiently multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to respond sensitively to client needs.
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Outlook) skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative with minimal supervision.
- English essential with strong working knowledge of a 2nd language (French preferred)
- During the COVID pandemic, must be able to work remotely as well as in the office and complying with physical distancing and other requirements set by CLSO.
Salary: $16.00 per hour – 31.5 – 35 hours per week
Start Date: 8 – 9.5 week contract – tentative start date Monday, June 7, 2021
Location: West office – 1299 Richmond Road
Please submit your resume by: May 18, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people living with disabilities and other historically disadvantaged groups. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We will provide accommodation during the hiring process upon request. All information relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.